Monday, May 11, 2020

"Russian Stories/Русские Рассказы" - edited by Gleb Struve


"Russian Stories" by Gleb Struve is an amazing dual-language book in Russian and English to help English speakers to learn Russian.

The book has twelve short stories by Pushkin, Gogol, Turgenev, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Leskov, Chekhov, Sologub, Bunin, Zamyatin, Babel and  Zoshchenko. All stories are classic works of Russian literature and this was my first time to read most of them.

I was surprised to discover these amazing works and it made me fall in love with Russian literature. I feel like reading more works by these authors. I especially loved "The Stationmaster" by Pushkin, "A Living Relic" by Turgenev, "The Three Hermits" by Tolstoy and "Sleepy" by Chekhov.

The book seems to be edited and combined with loads of love for Russian literature, every detail thought over, explanations, questions and vocabulary included.

One of the best books I've ever bought that inspired me to read more works by Russian writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment