Thursday, May 20, 2021

"50 Shades of Grey" by E.L.James

I was given this book by a friend who said "it's very cool and you'll love it". I have heard the name before but I didn't know what was it about. 

After starting to read the book, it seemed like a very easy to read novel, actually too easy and modern. I liked the modernity and the mobile phones in it (I never read contemporary books). I liked the main character Anastasia and it seemed to be quite interesting at first. 

Then she met Christian Grey - a rich sociopath who was hot and she felt attracted to him. Christian Grey seemed to show an interest to her and from the beginning acted intimidating and controlling. 

Later, he admitted that he would like to try bondage sex with her and she agreed (although she was a virgin and didn't know much about it). 

From there on the author presents us with a lot of rich, juicy and detailed sex scenes and erotic intricacies. At first, I could not believe that all of that was actually in the book (I didn't have a clue before starting, I thought it was a crime novel), then I thought that I actually like it and after it reached page 200, I decided that I actually hate it. 

I think it could be a great book for someone who's super young and find sex thrilling (I don't) and perhaps someone who's in a mood to read all that or someone who seriously needs to better their libido.

Every work has it's own place and role and mission and I know that many people really loved this book and the author/the main character are really very likable, but sex is just not what I like reading about at the moment (plus I really hated that Christian Grey).

No comments:

Post a Comment