Thursday, December 27, 2018

"Crime Patrol - The Most Thrilling Stories" by Annup Sonii/Oswald Pereira


After the weekend TV show "Crime Patrol Satark" closed down, I was really missing it and I was very happy when this book came out. I just had to read it and see what is it about. 

So, first of all, all of the eight stories seemed heard or seen somewhere (I'm sure that would be the "Crime Patrol" TV show). So I could recognize which story is which and there was no "suspense". 

Some stories were written more like scripts or like the police confessions or reports. So they sounded very technical and unemotional, like someone is saying what happened on the news. Plus it was very hard to follow the story because of so many names and people and places and dates etc.

"Eight engaging crime stories that you've probably already seen on TV."

Some stories were written more dramatically and in a more descriptive manner - I found these a lot easier to read and to be a lot more engaging. 

So when I was buying this book I was very curious what will the authors choose to do with it. Will it be the series of Agatha Christie like detective stories or will it be the new crimes that happened and that "Crime Patrol" didn't broadcast on the TV or will it be just the selection of already aired stories. So it happened to be a selection of the stories that already aired on the TV and therefore you might recognize them.

I overall enjoyed the book. I think it was written very well, in a very clear and easy to read language. The stories unfolded just like they unfold on the TV, but I wanted more drama, more descriptions of people's appearances, more suspense, more "dragging", the "who did it" element could have lasted longer. Basically I thought this could be turned into some amazing "Byomkesh Bakshi" or "Agatha Christie" or even "Bond" type of series. I think "The Adventures of Constable's Favorite Khabri" with some humor and street dialogues would be do an amazing book! Because, I think, every viewers favorite personage is always a khabri.

So I would definitely recommend this book to all "Crime Patrol" fans, to those who are sad that "Satark" series is finished and to all those who want to see how scripts were written, what your favorite stories look like when typed in a book....

No comments:

Post a Comment